Has anyone ever heard of DSK Jewelry? They've got some gorgeous necklaces! My favorite was the Bubz necklace made famous by Bubbi who's kind of a youtube celebrity:
Bubbi didn't make it, I think DSK just named it after her. My dad's a jeweler (I know - lucky girl right!) so I see a lot of stuff and am particular about my jewelry, but I must say - I adore this piece! The Swarovski heart colors are striking, the little leaf bails on top give the pendants a delightful apple appearance (ah...the forbidden fruit), and even the chain itself catches the light so alluringly.
But I flipped at the price...a whopping $40.00?? The chain and bails are made from simple sterling silver...not platinum. I worked at a jewelry counter for a bit and knew such a necklace couldn't be worth more than $20. So my hunt on how to replicate this necklace for a fraction of the cost began... DSK claims they've copyrighted the necklace, but the only copyright anything on their website is their images and website content. In addition, I highly doubt they'd be allowed to copyright such a simple necklace design.
If you'd like to replicate this necklace - here's what you'll need:
- Sterling Silver 2mm flat heart chain (sorry! 5ft of the stuff was the shortest option I could find - and believe me I looked EVERYWHERE for this chain! You'll need to use wire cutters to cut to your desired length - usually 16 inches)
- Some sort of clasp to ensure the necklace stays secure (that site also has lobster claws which I prefer cuz they're prettier, but the simple springring I linked is cheaper)
- 13x6mm sterling silver leaf prong bail
- 9x4mm sterling silver leaf prong bail
- 14mm Swarovski heart pendant in color Heliotrope (sorry for the bad quality pic there, but I figured I'd rather link you somewhere you can buy the identical product for cheaper and with free shipping)
- 10mm Swarovski heart pendant in color Vitrail Light